There are many excellent resources for information about hearing loops, hearing loss and its prevention, assistive listening technology, and support and advocacy for people with hearing loss.
Use these links for definitive information from some of the leading sources:
Use the links below for more specific information by topic:
HEARING LOOPS & TELECOILS
- Hearing Loss Association of America, Hearing Loop Campaign
- Hearing Link
- HLAA Hearing Loop Technology
- What is a Telecoil by Widex
- What is a Telecoil by Arizona State University
- Wow! My telecoil can do that?!
THINKING ABOUT GETTING HEARING AIDS?
- What is a telecoil?
- Hearing Aids Connect to the World: Exploring the Benefits of Telecoil Technology
- Hearing aids
- Hearing aids: How to choose the right one
- So, you have hearing loss. Now what?
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Hearing Devices
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
- Rights for Those With Hearing Loss
- 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- ADA standards for accessible design
UNDERSTANDING HEARING LOSS
PREVENTING HEARING LOSS
- Stereos, MP3s, and Hearing Loss: Interview with Brian J. Fligor, ScD
- 10 Surprisingly Common Causes of Hearing Loss
- Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Act (EHDI)
- How can I prevent hearing loss?
- Occupational Noise Exposure
IN THE NEWS
- Project of the Month: Gateway to Monroe County: Greater Rochester International Airport Project
- Grand Forks courthouse first in state to install loop technology to benefit hearing impaired
- Heartbeats: Hunterdon Healthcare installs hearing loops in facilities
- New Hearing Loop Breaks Down Barriers to the Arts, Fox Cities Performing Arts Center blog, August 15, 2012
- A Hearing Aid That Cuts Out All the Clatter, by John Tierney for The New York Times, October 26, 2011